An RSS feed allows dynamic data from one website to automatically be transferred, or fed, to another site. RSS feeds are often used to send blog updates to various destinations, including e-mail accounts. Last week’s Success on Zibbet article provided you with step-by-step instructions for configuring an RSS feed between your Zibbet shop and your Facebook account using RSS Graffiti. Twitterfeed is another tool that allows you to transfer information from one site to another. Although Twitterfeed doesn’t transfer your item photos along with the listing information, it is very easy to use and allows you to set up an RSS feed quickly.
To set up an RSS feed to Facebook using Twitterfeed:
1. Go to Twitterfeed and open an account if you haven’t already. If you have an account, log in.
2. Once you are in Twitterfeed, you want to set up a new feed. You have to give your feed a name and the URL for the source of the feed. Type the name of your feed into the box labeled Feed Name.
3. To obtain the URL for your shop’s feed, open another browser window and go to your shop. Click “Subscribe to shop RSS feed”. Copy the URL.
4. Go back to Twitterfeed and paste that URL into the box labeled RSS Feed URL. Click Continue to Step 2.
5. In Step 2 you specify where you want your feed to go. Click Facebook.
6. On the next screen you will have to connect Twitterfeed with your Facebook account. This process requires that you log in to your Facebook account and give permission for data to be transferred to your account. Click Connect with Facebook to begin. You will be taken through a series of screens requesting that you log in and allow access.
7. After Twitterfeed establishes a connection with your Facebook account you can choose a fan page for the feed to go to.
8. Click Create Service when you have completed your Facebook configuration.
9. You can now set up a feed to Twitter or any of the other destinations listed.
10. Click All Done! when you have completed configuring your RSS feeds.
Remember that increasing your shop’s presence on the Web will help attract more traffic to your shop and to Zibbet. RSS feeds from your shop to important websites are quick and easy ways to spread the word about your great items. If you have questions or need additional help, feel free to post a comment here. Another great source of support is Zibbet’s Community Hub where you will find Zibbeters helping Zibbeters everyday!
Best wishes for much success on Zibbet!