3 Month Battle Plan (Sept-Nov)
The purpose of our ‘3 month battle plan’ is to keep you informed of what features and enhancements you can expect over the coming months. It’s also an opportunity for you to make suggestions for features you’d like to see in future battle plans. We’re always listening to our members here at Zibbet and want to provide you with the high quality tools you need to succeed.
Lets take a look at what we’ve achieved from our previous battle plan. When comparing you will see that we achieved 3 of the 6 projects, however we did considerably more than we had planned in the ‘improved search’ project, plus many other side features have been added too. Here’s a list of everything we achieved:
- Launch of Zibbet Community Hub - www.community.zibbet.com (if you’re not on there yet, we’d love you to join us!)
- Improved site performance with faster page load times (lots more work will be done on this over time).
- ‘Share’ features added, allowing browsers to share your shop and items with their friends and followers on Facebook, Twitter, Kaboodle, StumbleUpon and through email.
- RSS feeds made available for your shop
- Improvements to ‘leaving feedback’ feature.
- SEO improvements allowing Google and other search engines to find your items easier and present it in a better way to browsers, improving click-through rates to your shop and items
- Improved page to upload your item images when listing - faster uploading plus ability to rearrange images once uploaded.
- Premiums now have another 4 item images allowed to be added
- Ability for Premiums to place their items in the new Gift Guides (yet to be officially launched)
- Sale by section - Premium sellers can now put only certain section(s) of their choice ‘on sale’.
- Launch of ‘Fantastic Five’ weekly feature. A fun article that shoppers will love!
- SEARCH IMPROVEMENTS. Lots of search improvements and this is where we spent most of our development time, as we continued to make it better and better than we first originally planned…which was definitely worth it! They include: Brand new design for search results, ability to filter results by color, price range, where sellers ship to, and categories. Ability to ’share’ your search. Sorting results by relevance increases chances of shoppers staying longer on site, plus Premium members are given a ‘relevance boost’. Search now recognizes the ‘root’ word, e.g. a search for loving, would also search for ‘love’. WARNING: Fasten your seatbelt because there are HUGE speed improvements too!
- Shoppers can now search through all items ‘On Sale’. Any item that Premium members have placed in ’sales mode’ will appear in these search results.
- Ability to search within a particular shop. This will be particularly handy for sellers that have a lot of items in their shop.
- Brand new look for Zibbet. See homepage screenshot example below. This makes Zibbet more appealing to shoppers and encourages them to start browsing your shops and items!
There’s plenty of other small improvements and bug fixes, but for the sake of taking up too much space, we’ve left them out.
PROPOSED 3 MONTH BATTLE PLAN (SEPT - NOV)
In the previous 3 month battle plan we didn’t get around to completing - checkout improvements, Google Analytics, and auto upload of items to Google Base / Merchant Center (Google’s product search engine). We still plan to complete these three tasks as part of the current battle plan, PLUS the following things (in no particular order):
- Launch Gift Guides - Premium sellers can currently add their items to a gift guide when listing, however it isn’t available to shoppers yet.
- New BUY page - We’re getting this redesigned to be more appealing and user friendly for shoppers.
- New SELL page - This is also getting redesigned. We want it to clearly convey all the benefits of selling with Zibbet in order to attract as many sellers as possible to the site. Remember, more sellers = more items, which = more buyer traffic to Zibbet and your shop. It’s in your best interest to see as many sellers as possible sign up to use Zibbet to sell their work.
- Auto feed all sellers items into TheFind.com, a very well trafficked shopping site, increasing exposure to your items.
- Vacation Mode - If you’re planning to go away this holiday season, you can easily put your shop in ‘Vacation Mode’ which will have a number of customizable options available to you.
- Facebook Application - This will allow you to have a mini version of your shop, where items can be purchased, right on Facebook!
- Zibbet Widget - This will allow you to customize a widget full of your Zibbet listed items. This widget will be able to be added to your blog, website etc. People will actually be able to buy your items directly on the widget without having to come to the main Zibbet website!
No doubt there will be other little improvements made along the way. Remember, you can stay up to date with all the behind the scenes development action by following @ZibbetScoop on Twitter.
Thanks for being a part of Zibbet! We’re on the rise and looking forward to a great future!
We’d love to hear your thoughts and comment below!
Image credit: MillaLove