Fantastic Five: Button Up!
Buttons are not just your average clothing fastener anymore. Whether a button is a focal point on a piece of jewelry, a numeral on a clock or a repurposed embellishment, buttons are miniature works of art, in a multitude of materials, shapes and colors. Life without buttons? No way!
This week’s Fantastic Five is presented to you by a special guest Zibbeter with expertise in buttons, Barbra LaBosco of All About the Buttons. She knows “all about buttons.” Read on to see what she found. After reading this week’s Fantastic Five search Zibbet for handmade buttons, vintage buttons, and buttons under supplies. Special thanks to Barbra of All About the Buttons for putting this together for us.
1. Handmade Button in Pink Purple Saffron Green by Fulgorine $1.50: This handmade polymer clay button with an intricate design in pink, purple, green and saffron yellow has been sanded smooth and polished to a satin shine. A stunning addition however it will be used.
2. Unakite Double Wrap Bracelet by Milena’s Corner $25: This double wrap beaded bracelet stands out with unakite beads and an etched wood button. Unakite is considered a balancing stone that releases mental or emotional blocks. It can stimulate the health of the heart & circulatory system. So not only pretty, but good for you!
3. Pink Mist Vintage Button Brooch by Callooh Callay $25: Revise and reuse those old buttons! Here are 2 chunky, mid-century, vintage plastic buttons combined in a soft pink and gray brooch. The center is a gray button with a three-leafed cutout design reminiscent of a Gothic window. Old yet new!
4. White Button Earrings by Lucy’s Bead Studio $8: Modern and fresh button earrings will make you stand out! Silver wire shaped into a circle, buttons added, and a little twist at the top and you have an awesome pair of earrings.
5. Floral Decorated Wooden Buttons by Funkie Junkie $3.50: Welcome spring with this set of flower decorated wood buttons. On a sweater? A scrapbook page? A necklace? These will be a special ornament on any craft or garment.
Judy writes the ‘Fantastic Five‘ column where she features 5 Zibbet items every week. She is the owner of four Zibbet shops: Portable Graffiti Graphics, Portable Graffiti buttons, Proofreader, and Wild Goose Chase vintage, crafts and supplies. You can follow Judy on Facebook.