Fantastic Five: ACEO Challenge Winners
On April 16th we announced this ACEO challenge on the Community Hub. Thirty five Zibbet shops entered the challenge. Today’s Fantastic Five features the winners.
The challenge was to make an ACEO in any medium: oil painting, acrylics, watercolors, charcoal, fabric, fiber, wood, metal, leather, anything goes. ACEOs are miniature works of art 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ the size of a baseball card. This Zibbet Challenge attracted artists who have been making ACEOs for years and introduced the concept to some artists who were anxious to attempt something new.
1. ACEO Real Colored Pencils by Jen Maestre $35: First place winner in the Zibbet ACEO Challenge is Jen Maestre with this one-of-a-kind created with actual pencils; it is not a drawing, not a print. It is finished with satin oil based poly, which she buffed to give it a smooth soft feel. Jen also makes jewelry and sculpture art all from colored pencils.
2. Original Plexiglass ACEO Water for Elephant by Creations by Gena $15: Second place winner in the Zibbet ACEO Challenge goes to Gena with her simulated stain glass ACEO, “Water for Elephant.” She hand cut the plexiglas and hand painted with leading glass paint. Her stained glass window ACEOs have been used for dollhouse windows and work as sun catchers in any full-size abode.
3. Floral Fashionista ACEO/ATC by Heavenly Princess $6: Third place winner in the Zibbet ACEO Challenge is Jordan with her Fashionista 3D ACEO. Jordan painted the brunette fashion model wearing a slip and sandals using water-based brush pens. Then she stitched on pale green ribbon and green and purple faux silk flower petals to create the dress. Jordan is also a fine seamstress who designs and sews beautiful clothing for you and dolls.
4. Seaside An Original ACEO Painting by Egilpatr $50: Fourth place winner in the Zibbet ACEO Challenge is Eleanor Gilpatrick. Her original acrylic painting on gessoed mat board titled “Seaside” captures a mother and daughter at the beach in East Hampton, New York. Eleanor is a contemporary realist painter of landscapes, people, still lifes, and abstracts that reflect her love of beauty and the way she see the world.
5. Miniature Quartetclock by Quartet Clocks $3.99: Fifth Place winner in the Zibbet ACEO Challenge is a father and daughter team called Quartet Clocks. The ACEO was made in the style of the clocks they create on MDF Board and hand painted. If you are looking for unique clocks, check out this new shop on Zibbet.
Congratulation to the winners! And thanks to all who participated. More ACEO Challenges to come.
The Next Challenge on Zibbet is a Wedding Challenge.
Judy writes the ‘Fantastic Five‘ column where she features 5 Zibbet items every week. She is the owner of four Zibbet shops: Portable Graffiti Graphics, Portable Graffiti buttons, Proofreader, and Wild Goose Chase vintage, crafts and supplies. You can follow Judy on Facebook.