Fantastic Five: Summer Challenge Winners
On June 28th we announced a Summer Trash to Treasure Challenge and asked for volunteer judges. The Challenge was to use any kind of trash or recycled materials incorporated into some form of art. Entries must be related to the Summer season.
It was also noted that one extra point would be awarded for including a link to the Challenge in the Community Hub. After the points were tallied I noticed that the top 5 winners had all included the link. Congratulations to Jordan of HeavenlyPrincess our First Place Winner. Jordan won the honor of becoming a future Featured Zibbeter in the month of September.
1. Katherine Dress and Apron for My Twinn Doll by Heavenly Princess $40: This beautiful summer doll dress and apron was the first place winner. Heavenly Princess has won the opportunity to be a Featured Zibbeter in the month of September. Please go to her listing and see all the exquisite photos that got her a very high score for her photography.
2. Crimson Bloom Hairpins by Bohemian Grove $6: Bohemian Grove is the second place winner with her set of hairpins she created from a plastic soda bottle. Imagine how many brightly colored flowers there would be if all the plastic soda bottles in the world were transformed into flowers. This “green” shop has plant pokes, magnets and more, much of which uses recycled materials.
3. Reiki Charging Station by Joyananda $30: Joyananda’s entry won 3rd place. She says, “The inspiration for this piece to be entered in the Summer Challenge is the rainbow itself, a perennial symbol of the paradise of Summer.” Joyananda has over 300 items in her shop so be sure to stop in. First-time buyers get 15% off.
4. ME BAG Art Bag Could Be YOU BAG by artisoap $55: Also 3rd place is the Me Bag by Artisoap. She recycled a children’s rainjacket, a piece of fabric, a silk shirt, and a mathematics book to put together this fun summer bag, great for the beach. You really must read her item description to appreciate the many steps she took to make this handcrafted bag. Artisoap’s main product is soap so be sure to visit.
5. Summer Sunset Junkmail Jewels Paper Garland by Texas Eagle $30: Texas Eagle gets 4th place with their junk mail jewels garland. Over 10 feet long. That’s a lot of origami stars! This one is titled “Summer Sunset.” Over 300 items! As the shop’s profile says, “Our first studio opened in 1978 and we’ve been trying to find a favorite medium ever since! We just love them all, and you never know what you will find here!
You can see all the entries posted on Pinterest HERE.
We asked for volunteer judges and the following Zibbeters raised their hands: Sage of Critiques, Geneece of SewManyTreasures, Nicole of NicolesVisions, Anna of UnexpectedTreasure, and Karen of ThreeFrenchHens.
Judy writes the ‘Fantastic Five‘ column where she features 5 Zibbet items every week. She is the owner of four Zibbet shops: Portable Graffiti Graphics, Portable Graffiti buttons, Proofreader, and Wild Goose Chase vintage, crafts and supplies. You can follow Judy on Facebook.