Fantastic Five: Jonathan’s Back Yard
We know that Jonathan, our intrepid leader, was inspired to start the Zibbet venue when he witnessed those close to him attempting to sell their creations. We know how hard he, Andrew and the staff work to make Zibbet the best venue on the internet. We also know that Australia is a huge country that must be brimming with talented craftspeople. Many of us, whether we’re in North America, Asia or Europe, have never been to Australia so what better way to experience the island nation than by purchasing a piece of art from another talented Zibbeter? From various stops across that wonderful country these artists represent their country well. All areas of the craft world are beautifully represented in Jonathan’s backyard. Take a virtual trip and visit their shops.
Find more Zibbet shops located in Australia after reading about this week’s Fantastic Five. Then use the Share Tools to Spread the Zibbet Love!
1. My Favourite Tree Coin Purse by Seventh Sphere $18: A white tree with green leaves and a pale brown background is beautifully depicted on this coin purse. Light brown birds fly above the treetop. Made of 100% cotton and fully lined, SeventhSphere has created a mini work of art. Wollongong, Australia
2. Dresden Plate Quilt by The Quirky Quilt Shop $370: Comfy, cozy 100% cotton fabrics have been lovingly cut and sewn together, then hand quilted to create this fabulous country quilt. Handmade in Brendale, Australia
3. Billabong by Inheritance Art Design $190: The artist behind Inheritance Art Design describes this as a “retro illustration.” I say simply wonderful. Vibrant colors make this a stand out piece titled “Billabong.” This could hang comfortably anyplace in the world. Swansea, Australia
4. Ruby and Calcite Sterling Bangle by Shazzabeth $55: Here’s a bracelet you’ll love wearing. Shazzabeth has paired ruby and calcite with sterling silver wire to create this stunning bangle. The soft, subtle color paired with the sterling silver will garner attention on your wrist. Ipswich, Australia
5. Happy Frog by Amantoli $15: How fun is this bright green frog?!! Any young boy or girl will enjoy this piece from Amantoli. It is a generous size and sure to be loved and cherished. Based in Adelaide, Australia this shop has wonderful handmade creations for all ages.
Many thanks to volunteer Barbra LaBosco of AllAboutTheButtons for curating and writing this special Australia Fantastic Five.
Judy writes the ‘Fantastic Five‘ column where she features 5 Zibbet items every week. She is the owner of four Zibbet shops: Portable Graffiti Graphics, Portable Graffiti buttons, Proofreader, and Wild Goose Chase vintage, crafts and supplies. You can follow Judy on Facebook.